Skip to main content

Emotional Eating

It's no use, I'm going to have to admit that I love food and it is an emotional crutch for me. (That and wine)

I'm sad, I eat. I'm happy, I eat. 
Eat to celebrate, eat to commiserate. I eat when I'm stressed, and over stretched, and I eat when I'm bored or lonely. 
I like to eat with friends, and insist on a meal out with the hubby once in a while. Love a BBQ. 
I like eating out in restaurants and pubs, I like eating in the open air... I like takeaways... 
I really like cooking (with a glass of wine) and being creative with ingredients. I LOVE trying new recipes and new dishes from foreign countries. 
When I go into a supermarket abroad I just wander down the aisles fascinated by the different food and smells and awkward sounding names. 

I worry that it's an actual hobby, an interest. I'm usually waiting for the next meal. 

I'm the opposite of that Sam I Am character. 
Yes I'll eat them on a house, yes I'll eat them on a mouse. 
I WILL eat them on a chair, I WILL eat them ANYWHERE. 

Houston, we have a problem, Nic can't stop eating. Any ideas?

Now if you'll excuse me for a minute, I'm feeling a bit peckish...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Liebster Award!

    The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. A blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them. This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way.   Lovely Hannah from Make, Do and Push has nominated me as one of her bloggers so I will do my best! Thanks Hannah! If you like crafting, and a slice of positivity to balance out the cynicism you hear from me (!) you should check out her blog. She is up to wedding planning too so is bound to have lots of ideas up her sleeve! OK, first of all, 11 random facts about me! Crikey that seems a lot! 1. I used to deliver mil

Now we are Five, and going to school!

I have no excuses, my blogging has totally dried up. I kept thinking of LOADS of ideas for blog posts, but didn't want to write because either nobody would read them, or because there are already a ton of "mummy bloggers" already doing it. Well, SCREW that. I love writing and talking shit, so I need to get it out, regardless! SO... Time has gone by and this little dumpling: has grown sooooooo much into this rather smart schoolgirl: And I'm sure I'm the same as every mother in that looking at those two photos makes me want to cry! She is a completely different person! Oh how I miss those chubby little cheeks and huge eyes! It seems like a world away, and also only yesterday. School has brought with it a whole new set of worries, achievements and well, confusion. I thought I'd know it all as a teacher, but nothing prepares you for THE OTHER SIDE.  When I was teaching and parents dropped their kids off at school and insi

Sew your own patches!

abeautifulmess.com First of all, Happy New Year! I'm hoping to get seriously organised for 2013 and have specific posting days, so watch this space for weekly updates!  I've noticed a few patches turning up on elbows throughout the Winter...   This tutorial got me a bit excited on www.abeautifulmess.com And jumpers like this are for sale over on asos.com So I thought I'd have a go, and came up with these patches!  This is a great way to update an old jumper or top for yourself, but here I'm going to spruce up a couple of pairs of Daphne's old leggings. You will need: iron-on fusible webbing (This is where I buy mine, eBay! But you can get it in smaller amounts at most haberdashers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110769893120?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 patch material (if it's non-fray material that's a bonus!) scissors/ pinking shears needle and thread  iron! An hour or two tops! I used red tshirt